- For those of you who know me, you know that I’m a planner. I love making lists, checking them off, and fitness was no different for me. When I got bit by the health & fitness bug and decided that I was in, I made some goals. Making plans, lists, and tracking progress is my love language I think.
(Totally kidding here, but I do love my planners!) I think writing things down is a big part of my accountability with myself and my success.Here are some ways that I tracked my progress & noted my successes and accomplishments:
- I tracked my weight loss. Since this was my first goal, I made a page in my planner to track this. I weighed every morning so that I could see how it changed and how different factors affected my weight. (I realize not everyone can do this, but I love numbers, and it didn’t affect me too much if I didn’t happen to lose weight.) Each time I lost a pound, I got to color in a box on my page, and it was extremely satisfying & rewarding for me to do that.
- I tracked all my meals and workouts. I used a fitness pack in my planner for this. In the monthly spread I wrote in all the gym classes I attended or home workouts I did (though these were very minimal at first), and on the weekly spread I wrote down everything I ate to hold myself accountable. This was one of my biggest struggles in the beginning. Adding stickers and decorations to these pages made it fun for me and encouraged me to look at this pages and use them often, and enjoy the process.
- I took progress pictures of myself. I noted on my calendar when to do this (about every 6 weeks is good for me) Maybe one day I’ll share these, but for now- they’re just for me.
- I took measurements. I made a page in my planner for this as well. I noted on my calendar to take weekly measurements.
- I tracked and celebrated all the wins, no matter how small. If I felt skinny in an outfit, I took a selfie in it. (I am a milinnial after all. It’s what we do.) If I fit into an old pair of jeans I took a selfie and captioned it on snapchat. I sent some things like this to my close friends who celebrate wins with me, but some were just saved and kept for myself, printed later for my planner so I can look back and see success and accomplishments over time.
I would like to take this time to thank all of you for subscribing to my blog. It really means so much to me! God has put so many things on my heart, and I am so encouraged and inspired right now. I have so many things to share with you.
As you may already know, next week I will be beginning a series called, A Glimpse into My Prayer Journal, where I will share what I’ve learned about prayer, the process in which I pray, peeks into my journal pages, as well as some tools and resources that I use that you might find beneficial as well. I also have a BIG TREAT in store for you in this series! I think you are going to LOVE it, and I can’t wait to tell you what it is – but for now my lips are sealed!
This series is still a week away, and I’m not sure which posts I’ll get published this week, so I wanted to leave you with a little something to thank you for subscribing and feed your appetite until my series is ready to begin next Monday.
Enter The Flourish Conference! The Flourish Conference is a Free, Online Conference that will be sent directly to your email (like my blog) for five days this week. You will receive three video interviews each day where speakers will reveal how you can flourish in practical ways. I hope you enjoy!
I also have some fun post ideas that I’m working on as well. I’m not sure exactly when they will be posted, but I’m hoping you will find them interesting as well:
My Party Planning Process – (as you know our little girl turns one this week) so this is something I’m working on now
Creating my Capsule Wardrobe – I had a great capsule for Spring that transitioned into Summer… now it’s time for an update as I add some pieces that flow into cooler-weather months and store or purge some of the Summery colors I don’t want to be wearing right now. I would like to show you a glimpse of my process as well as some resources I’ve used for inspiration.
All About Me – You know those posters your kids do when they are student of the month or something that tells all about them, their favorites, and what they want to be when they grow up? I kind of want to write one of these for myself – a little more detailed because I’ve learned a lot more about myself since school. My personality type, my strengths and weaknesses, my favorite products, really just whatever I feel like including.
Thank you so much for joining me on my blogging journey! You will hear from me again soon!