Zig Ziglar once said, “If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time.” Well, I don’t want to be the someone who aims at nothing. I want to be the one who is striving to go further, to unlock more of my potential, and do my part and getting one step closer to God and to the person He designed me to be.
So, yes. I always set New Year’s Resolutions, and probably always will.
You’ve been asking, and here they are! My goals & resolutions for the year 2018 here, noted by category, but in no specific order. I also am sharing with you how I plan to track my progress for each of them and make them happen. Some of them will be obvious if I acheive them or not and don’t need further explanation.
While I don’t expect that I will reach every goal or establish every habit, I’m sure going to try. I know that writing down my goals means that I’m more likely to acheive them. I also know that by posting them publicly, for you as my followers, I’ll have an extra bonus level of accountability. I will try to post some updates for you throughout the year to let you know how things are going.
- Read through the One Year Bible. (Spiritual Goal)
I usually print off the One Year Bible Reading Plan, and cut the pages in half to fit in my Bible. I check off the days as I complete them so I can see my progress for this one that way. Also, I will be using my planner’s horizontal weekly spread to handwrite scriptures that jump out and speak to me in the provided daily space. This will show my progress towards this goal as well.
- Do a few supplemental Bible studies. (Spiritual Goal)
Here’s one I will start with, and I will choose a couple more throughout the year. Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Pray in the spirit more. (Spiritual Goal)
I know it’s kind of a vague goal, but it’s sompething I don’t do enough. I think I will track this in my horizontal weekly spread by using a small cross symbol.
- Get better at CrossFit. (Health & Fitness Goal)
I’ve broken down this goal a bit more. I will be posting my S.M.A.R.T. goal post on how I’m doing this very soon.
- See some actual muscle definition this year (Health & Fitness Goal)
I will track this with before and after progress pictures in my planner. I can feel muscles now in my arms and legs, but I can’t see them yet.
- Compete in the CrossFit Open this year (Health & Fitness Goal)
This will take place in March, and it will be obvious if I reach this goal or not. No tracking necessary.
- Add to our emergency fund. (Financial Goal)
This will be noted in our monthly budget, and the only thing I’m tracking, aside from actual budgeting, is “No Spend Days” which we are about to start striving more towards so that we can really reach our financial goals.
- Increase percentage of our tithe. (Financial Goal)
- Save for future “closing costs” for us to move one day. (Financial Goal)
- Create subsciber freebies for my blog followers. (Blog & Writing Goal)
- Start a Patreon account with more bonuses & exclusives. (Blog & Writing Goal)
- Study my family members’ personality types. (Relationship Goal)
I want to read the book Reading People by Anne Bogel.
- Plan a date with each child per quarter. (Relationship Goal)
This will be noted on my calendar as a reminder to plan, but I will look to see what different events are going on in the area before I plan our outings.
- Plan a date with Justin each month. (Relationship Goal)
Right now, we’ve got Christmas giftcards to use so deciding where to eat should be pretty easy. 😉 That’s a plus!
- Attend the church Marriage Retreat with Justin. (Relationship Goal)
- Read 12 books this year. (Personal Goal)
- Plan one mental health day off for myself each quarter. (Personal Goal)
I will note this on my calendar as a reminder and plan a way to make it happen!
So that’s it. It may seem like a lot, but I’m a goal-getter, and I’ve got a plan in place to reach each one. We’ll see how it goes. What are your goals for the year? I encourage you to make a list, or even just select one goal to work on and REALLY PURSUE that one thing! Think of one way that you can grow this year into more of the person that you really want to be, and then go do it!